Gender program for research programs at Goethe University
The Goethe University set up the joint coordination position ‘gender consulting’ for collaborative research programs and research training groups. The coordinator serves as a first contact person for the members of CRCs and RTGs and is affiliated with the equal opportunities office on Campus Westend. She provides information about services and organizes equal opportunities activities. These measures focus on career advancement for women towards leading positions, on family-friendly workplaces in research as well as on raising gender & diversity awareness. The CRCs and RTGs can spend annual funds on equal opportunities activities.
Career Support for Female Researchers
- career workshops (academic soft skills, networking) and career talks
- individual coaching sessions (conflict solutions, career perspectives)
- international mentoring trips (visiting mentors abroad & inviting mentors)
- participation in scientific conferences for women
- networking meetings
- flexible childcare in addition to regular hours and in emergency situations
- childcare during conferences and project related events
- student or laboratory assistants during pregnancy, parenthood or care-taking for elderly family members
- home office equipment and fast internet
Gender & Diversity Awareness
- trainings for (new) principal investigators
- communication in heterogeneous teams
These offers are examples and it is possible to develop and fund other activities according to DFG regulations. Measures are offered specifically for one research program or jointly for several programs in Frankfurt and in the Rhine-Main area.
Applications for these activities can be submitted at any time (preferably during the first half of the year), unless there is a deadline mentioned in the call.